By Limin Zhang,Ming Peng,Dongsheng Chang,Yao Xu
• the 1st e-book that introduces the explanations, methods and results of dam failures
• Integrates the actual methods of dam breaching and the mathematical features of hazard evaluation in a concise manner
• Emphasizes integrating thought and perform to raised display the applying of hazard evaluate and determination methodologies to genuine cases
• Intends to formulate dam-breaching emergency administration steps in a systematic structure
Read Online or Download Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment PDF
Similar hydraulics books
Garage reservoirs characterize some of the most potent instruments for casting off, or at the least for minimizing, discrepancies within the time and house diversifications of water assets distribution and necessities. in truth, different - frequently contradictory - and lengthening calls for on water assets usage and keep watch over frequently should be fulfilled simply by way of construction multi-purpose reservoir structures.
The developments in micro- and nano-fabrication options, in particular within the final couple of a long time, have led learn groups, over the realm, to speculate unheard of degrees of cognizance at the technology and know-how of micro- and nano-scale units and the involved purposes. With an excessive specialize in micro- and nanotechnology from a fluidic standpoint, Microfluidics and Microscale shipping methods presents a wide overview of advances during this box.
Offshore probability overview used to be the 1st publication to accommodate quantified chance overview (QRA) as utilized particularly to offshore installations and operations. danger evaluate options were used for greater than 3 a long time within the offshore oil and fuel undefined, and their use is determined to extend more and more because the strikes into new parts and faces new demanding situations in older areas.
Research of Turbulent Boundary Layers makes a speciality of turbulent flows assembly the necessities for the boundary-layer or thin-shear-layer approximations. Its procedure is devising rather primary, and sometimes sophisticated, empirical engineering correlations, that are then brought into quite a few sorts of describing equations for ultimate answer.
- Turbulence in Porous Media: Modeling and Applications
- Fluidmechanik: Einführendes Lehrbuch (German Edition)
- Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics: 175
- Frontiers and Progress in Multiphase Flow I: 1
- Numerical Modelling of Hydrodynamics for Water Resources: Proceedings of the Conference on Numerical Modelling of Mydrodynamics Systems (Zaragoza, Spain, ... in Engineering, Water and Earth Sciences)
Additional info for Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment
Dam Failure Mechanisms and Risk Assessment by Limin Zhang,Ming Peng,Dongsheng Chang,Yao Xu